Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bingo Bear

Bingo Bear was toy made by Hasbro. I always called him, the poor man's Teddy Ruxpin. These means that I had Bingo Bear growing up. He was a stuffed bear that was also a puppet. In is mouth there was a button that you pressed and he would say the same six sayings over and over. "Hi, my name is Bingo Bear." "Do you like hugs?" "Why don't you have paws like me?" (So he wasn't the smartest talking bear) "Are you my friend?" "Are your knees made of cheese?" (I don't really know if he said this verbatim, but it always sounded like it.) He would wear a handkerchief around his neck with he Name on it. The best is when his batteries would run out. It would be like, "Hi I'm B...I..N..G..O.. Beeeeeaaarr!" Then Nothing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol I had both bears growing up but preferred Bingo cause he was more cuddly to sleep with. Now I have 2 boys that have got to grow up with Bingo. He's been well taken care of and still says the same old stuff (go figure,right).Cheers to vintage toys. If only I kept my rainbow bright stuff, that stuff is with hundreds now. Crazy I say!